Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Juhye Choi/EAP2-A/June 2, 2008 Fluency exercise #3

If woman has a plan to go to India, she should be careful because in India, to expose her legs is a taboo. When I was traveling to India, I had to wear a long skirt or pants, even though it was extremely hot. Also when my friends and I took a bath in the public bath place, we had to wear our skirt. When one of my friends rolled her pants up, some guys came to her, pointed at her and shouted to her. So she had to pull down her pants immediately. I could not understand it because they allow exposing the bust. And they think that legs are more sexual than the bust. It is so different from Korea. In Korea a woman can wear short pants or skirt, but to expose one’s bust is not good. It was a very mysterious and weird experience, and I still cannot understand their thought.

No comments: